Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I have to admit that Scott and I enjoy watching Jeopardy. We watch it every chance we get and guess all the answers to the questions and make fun of the contestants, it's something of a hobby. Sometimes we watch Wheel of Fortune afterward if we are bored, and its not a bad show, but there is one thing that really bothers me. You see, there are generally 3 people who play Wheel of Fortune at a time and usually 2 of them are annoying and the third one is African American/Black. EVERY SINGLE TIME that I've seen this show the poor black person always gets screwed! They are always landing on bankrupt or losing a turn or whatever. It's ridiculous! They're lucky if they get a thousand dollars, I'm serious! It's just so utterly unfair that it's hard to watch. And they're so gracious at losing too, and supportive of their fellow teammates, and here the other two players have thousands of dollars and the poor minority is the one who gets screwed. Is the wheel rigged? Are the producers racist? What's the deal? I'm sure it's all just a coincidence and I'm just watching at all the wrong times, but boy howdy it sure does happen a lot! Anyway, it would just be nice to have the pleasant quiet person win instead of the bubbly annoying white girl who always seems to win. You know, the one that always says "WOO-HOO!!!" Whenever something remotely good happens. It gets real old real fast. And no, I have nothing against white people (after all, I am white) or those with bubbly personalities, I just think a little equality would be nice for once. It seriously seems like every time I watch the show there's an unfortunate black person with really really awful luck. It's happened several times and it just makes me sad. :(

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

I wonder if anyone has run any statistics? I haven't watched the show for years....it's kinda annoying to me but I couldn't ever pin down WHY it annoyed me....anyhow, my FAVORITE Jeopardy is Celebrity week because the answers/questions are SO easy and it's SO fun to make fun of the celebrities who think that the 3 main apostles of Jesus Christ were "Peter, Paul and Mary"

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home